Founded in 2006, and funded entirely through private donations, the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation’s mission is to preserve, protect and defend the principle of self-reliance and the individual right of self-defense, as espoused by Col. Cooper. The Foundation provides scholarships for firearm training in the Cooper tradition—paid tuition to Gunsite Academy’s introductory 250 Defensive Pistol class—and is now accepting scholarship applications. Worth a total of $1,725, the scholarship covers the cost of the class; however, the recipient will need to provide his or her own firearm, ammunition and equipment, and is also responsible for any transportation, meal and boarding costs. The application, which involves an essay portion, is available on the foundation’s website, and scholarship recipients are selected by the foundation’s board of directors.
- NRA Country Presents Lee Brice with Special Guests Easton Corbin and Tyler Farr at the Great American Outdoor Show
- Washington: Anti-Gun Group Announces 2019 Agenda
- Get your 2019 NRA Country Concert Tickets Now!
- Ohio: Self-Defense Legislation Heads to Gov. Kasich’s Desk After House Concurrence
- Checks and Balances? Massachusetts Executive Branch Flouts Court Orders on Firearms Licenses